I have at least a passing interest in many things. Below are some of the things I seem to spend more time on, as of January 2023. I may amplify on the bullet points later.
- Taking photos, especially of my everyday life and of birds. I use my iPhone 13 Pro Max mostly, or my Fuji X-T2 with a Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5 5.6 R LM OIS WR zoom lens.
- Birds — I'm making a list of birds we see around our house and also nearby at a couple of tiny freshwater lakes and the estuary and sea shore. I have around 57 species at the moment. I'm trying to learn more about these birds.
- Apple stuff — I love my M1 MacBook Pro, watch, iPhone and iPad. I specially like when I can automate something on my Mac.
- Sciency stuff — there are quite a few YouTube video series I watch on generally sciency topics.
- Language stuff — languages and words fascinate me. I listen to several linguistics podcasts.
- Lesbian and gay stuff, women's stuff, feminist stuff.
- Cozy murder mysteries, women PIs and the like — some favourite authors include Cheri Baker, Cheryl A Head, Jana DeLeon, Kristine Kathryn Rusch (space opera).
- Star Trek TV shows, especially Voyager, Discovery and Strange New Worlds.
- My electric bike — I want to go on some day or multi-day bike tours. Not mountain bike tracks, just easy formed paths, preferably reasonably flat and scenic.
- Crosswords and the New York Times Acrostic. I really like the American-style crosswords which can be very creative and immensely fun, and enjoy cryptic crosswords too. I often use Black Ink for solving them on my Mac.
- Blogging, with Micro.Blog. It's a wonderful community and excellent service.
- Dogs: we have one now, elderly and in very poor health. I like dogs.
- Space, the night sky, dark skies.
- The practice of stoicism — this is an interesting approach to life that meshes quite well with my own natural inclinations.